- Attendance Policy: CSI schools are granted an automatic waiver from C.R.S. § 22-33-104(4) and are therefore permitted to adopt their own attendance policy in accordance with applicable laws and regulations (e.g., C.R.S 22-33-14; 1 CCR 301-78).
- Enrollment Policy: C.R.S. § 22-30.5-507(3) requires that CSI schools’ recruitment and enrollment decisions be made in a nondiscriminatory manner. A school’s enrollment policy outlines the procedures used for student admissions and enrollment.
- Grievance Policy: CSI schools must adopt a grievance policy for resolution of public complaints. The policy should provide a tiered process for addressing complaints, with a final step of appeal to the CSI Executive Director.
- Suspension/Expulsion Policy: Most CSI schools have requested and received a waiver from C.R.S. § 22-33-105(7)(b), allowing the school’s governing board (not the CSI board) to hear disciplinary and related appeals under C.R.S. § 22-33-105(2)(c).
- Student Withdrawal Policy with form
- Student Fees Policy: CSI schools must adopt a student fees policy and schedule, waiving all mandatory fees for students who are eligible for a free or reduced-price lunch, including homeless and foster children. All parents must be informed of the fee schedule and how to apply for a waiver of fees.